This page has moved to a new address.

Killroy and Medusa

ARCHIMERA- A.R. Christensen Illustration and Concept: Killroy and Medusa

Friday, November 20, 2009

Killroy and Medusa

(Is it a blogging faux paux to post twice in the same day? Oh, well...)

Two recent pieces of very different styles.
The first is a piece I whipped out in a day for Illustration Club's Out of Orbit book. It's a very old character of mine, Killroy the space cowboy. I've neglected him this year, so I figured that he deserved some attention. This was really fun to do. The explosion and stars were made with black ink on a separate paper, then scanned and inverted. I used a custom brush made from a photo of a telephone line for the techy- ground that he is standing on.
Here's the other piece, which was an assignment for Illustration I. It was a pretty straightforward assignment- draw a greek myth. After about two weeks of sketching and indecisiveness and restarting three times, I settled on Medusa. For some reason, I wanted to do something romantic. I think everyone knows the basic story of Medusa, she turns people to stone when she looks at them yadda-yadda. So this guy is wearing a blindfold so he can be with her...Okay I'm going to stop with the cheese now.
Unlike Killroy, Medusa sucked a huge chunk of time out of my life... I don't even want to say how many hours were spent staring at the computer screen. The sad thing is, I feel like I over-rendered it in some areas. Overall though, I'm really happy with how this turned out, especially the tones of color in their bodies.

1 Comments:

At November 21, 2009 at 6:26 AM , Blogger B.Wallz said...

Very nice stuff madam, keep up the great work. I especially like the incorporation of halftone in the killroy piece.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home