This page has moved to a new address.

Life Drawing

ARCHIMERA- A.R. Christensen Illustration and Concept: Life Drawing

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Life Drawing

I took a a life drawing course again last semester and it was extremely liberating to just focus on understanding the underlying rhythms of the body and the nuances of how the human form exists in space.






These last two were an interesting experiment.  The image on the left was completed in a state of extreme concentration.  I was hypersensitive to slight gradation of value and was very slowly trying to carve out the forms.  It took about 45 minutes.  The one on the right (which I think is a much better drawing) was done rapidly in under twenty minutes, attempting to capture the "energy" of what I was looking at and not allow myself to get caught up in detail.  It was interesting to see how shifting my mental state between deliberate thought-driven mark making and pure spontaneity could manifest into two distinct styles.  Also, its funny that I projected myself into the model's expression, unconsciously rendering her face grumpy and intense in the left drawing and slightly more serene on the right.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home